Saturday 28 December 2013

christmas 2013



Christmas has come and gone in a flash. I love this time of year, even the craziness in the build up to the big day. An endless round of carol concerts, plays, school Christmas fairs. Not to mention the house tidying, present buying and maybe a spot of making to be squeezed in.




Unfortunately, there wasn't much time for making this year; just a few bits to add to the decorations for the house.




I was lucky enough to receive a new camera lens. As you can see from my photos I have been having a play.


I've been having great fun fiddling about with it and I'm pleased with the results so far.



I've got to get back into the habit of using my DSLR more. I've got so lazy using the iPhone all the time (the Camera+ app is fantastic for photos) but now it is time to go back to basics.

 


How do you take your photos? Camera phone? Compact camera? DSLR? Manual setting or programme mode? Any tips for a beginner?

2 comments:

  1. It all looks very festive there, lovely photos! I use a bridge camera - a canon powershot, which lets me use manual settings as well as auto. I've learned a lot by fiddling around with all the manual adjustments, but I'm pretty much making it up as I go along.
    Hope you had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used a bridge camera before. My method is also to make it up as I go along - they joys of digital photography is the ability to delete, delete, delete!! I have an entry level DSLR (Canon 1000D) and I got a 50mm lens off my husband for Christmas.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...