Sunday 1 December 2013

christmas craft tutorials

There are some wonderful tutorials on blogs lately so I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite Christmassy tutorials and printables.




I love bottle brush trees and I have a few of the little beauties in my possession now. I have never tried to make my own yet though and Cathe at Just Something I Made recently posted a tutorial on how to make your own - who knew you could do that?!


 

Something else I've been obsessing over for the last few years are Putz houses. These glittery cardboard houses look so sweet. I made a church and a few houses last year but unfortunately I didn't store them correctly and they got all squished in the loft.



I'm definitely going to make them again and these templates from Little Glitter Houses make the job a lot easier.





There are some beautiful free printables out there in blogland. These woodland chalkboard style gift tags from Lia Griffith are great. The fonts that Lia has used are so sweet.



I often drool over the tutorials on Tatertots and Jello, the things that Jen can make are awesome. She recently took part in a series called Knocktoberfest and this Pottery Barn mirror knock off is definitely on my long, long list of things to make. I'll need to do some research on some of the items used to distress the mirror. I have never heard of muriatic acid before! Unfortunately I don't yet have a Silhouette Cameo so I'd have to cut the vinyl by hand but I guess that would add to the handmade charm.

I hope you enjoyed my little round up of fab tutorials!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...